In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

83 - One On One

So I took my boy out to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid that he has wanted to see so badly. I wanted to have some alone time with him and it was fun. I smuggled my camera in and took a couple of shots from the hip. Everyone seemed to be sitting behind us and I didn't want to get kicked out for my LCD screen lighting up the joint. So a couple of shots was all I took. Caught a sliver of him laughing which I loved.

He is so funny. He is at a fun age. He gets all embarrassed when there is interaction with another girl in the movie. I have also been informed that he would not go with me to a Mother/Son dance if there ever was one like in the movie. I love hearing him laugh and watching his reactions to things in the movie.

Having the kids one on one is so fun. You see a different side of them. He felt special so he was on his best behavior and he opens up more and is more loving. I want to make it a regular thing to take each one out.

I have to store up these moments and thanks to this challenge I took a picture to remember it that I may otherwise have not.

I love this boy.


2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the perspective here, it is really neat! I am curious though, did you make the flash go off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Jilly. I bumped up the ISO and gave it a long exposure. The light was coming from the movie screen. :)I think they would have kicked me out if I whipped out my flash.

    ReplyDelete