In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Friday, January 8, 2010

1 - The Beginning of Pixelating my life

So here I begin this journey. I will remain optimistic and push on till the end. I worry about time and what will require me to complete this challenge, but I have others to inspire me (my husband and children) and encourage me with there endurance (thank you Suzanne). I hope this will be a growing experience for me personally as well as professionally as I peel off layer by layer. You will see into my life and those that are in it. I don't usually look to expose myself, but want to stretch myself and extend my limits. So we will see how this goes......... I may not be able to post each day, but will still release my shutter and pixelate my life each day. Please let me know if you are out there and enjoy the journey with me.

I start with a photo of my awesome kids. I took this in December, but since I am in charge of my challenge, I get to make the rules. I like the idea of starting January 1, but I am a little late. So I will throw in an extra photo here and there of my choice to catch up. This was my Christmas photo this year and the kids were awesome. They performed beautifully for the bribe offered. It was inspired by a similar photo taken by an awesome photographer, thanks Angie. I saw something similar on her blog and had to try it out for myself. One complaint by me is that I didn't have more strands of lights to wrap around them, but (thank you Megan) only had two and one strand wouldn't work. The glow of the lights was enhanced (thanks to my tech/husband for teaching me how to do it)....... It is so fun learning new things on Photoshop. I'm sure you will see many more of my cuties throughout the year.....and off we go.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing this! Great first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go "S" keep your older brother and sister tied up with color. All three of them have such colorful personalities this really fits them.

    ReplyDelete