In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

5 - Pizza! Pizza!

I love me some pizza and another way to enjoy it is in the form of soup. This is the first time I made it and it is delicious (thank you Jillian). Those who care to, enjoy the recipe and be sure to let me know how you like it.



1 (28 oz.) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, not drained
1 (14.5 oz.) reduced sodium beef broth
8 oz. stick pepperoni sausage diced **If you want to use the pre-cut kind, just buy the smallest package and add the whole thing, sliding the pepperoni in halves.
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large green bell pepper, diced
1 large red onion, chopped
1 cup of water
1 Package Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 cup of shredded par-skim mozzarella cheese

Mix all ingredients except cheese in a 3-qt. or larger crock pot. Cover, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until veggies are tender. I did this without the crock pot and cut the time way down. Just sauté the mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper till soft in a skillet. Then add all and cook for 30 min. to an hour. I would also suggest cooking the pepperoni in the microwave on paper towels for 20-30 seconds and pat down when done. This will help get rid of some of the grease from the pepperoni. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment