In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

42 - Passions

Everyone has passions and obsessions in life and throughout this year I may expose those layers of myself. This layer feels very vulnerable and am tenderly exposing it. Not that it is a secret, but that it is a reverence.

I was watching a passion of mine while he was engrossed in one of his passions. He loves biking, bikes, and all bike paraphernalia that goes along with it. It is his greatest release and enjoyment besides his family, which he drops everything for.

He loves to take his bikes apart and put them back together. He thinks of biking when he isn't biking and waits patiently for the next chance to hit the trail. To watch him dance down the mountain on a frame with two rubber tires is a thing of beauty. As I clumsily try to keep up to catch glimpses of him, it conjures images of water cascading down a river....fierce but gentle. He becomes part of that same earth that explodes as he lands from flight.

I was watching him work on his bike and saw his brow drawn with concentration and his hands tight in work, but rarely see him so relaxed. It is always a joy to watch him enjoy something so thoroughly and be so content.

I couldn't choose just one. Each conjured emotion for me through him.

I love my husband with all my heart....he is my passion.


4 comments:

  1. I love the first picture! He looks like he's playing an instrument. Then again when he is tuning his bike to the perfect settings he becomes the conductor of his own symphony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Renee! You are very poetic, I love this post. What a great wife and mother you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love that first picture. The leading lines are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! I love Debra's Comment... These are neat shots of him and his bike!!

    ReplyDelete