In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

26 - Today's Tool

A Mother's Touch.



A mother has many jobs and many tools needed for those jobs. Today my arms and touch were my tool for today. I remember when I was younger and the pains and uncomfortable feelings experienced when I was sick was eased by the touch and care of my mother. I always felt close to her because of the one on one attention she gave me. Making sure I had all I needed and was comfortable and warm. These are tasks always attended to, but when you are sick you see them administered carefully and tenderly....up close. Thank you for that Mom and for teaching...I love you.

Being able to do those same things for my child makes me feel full. Not that I enjoy them being sick, but that I have the gift to calm and comfort like only a mother has is satisfying. So with camera nearby perched on a towel I snapped a shot of my favorite feelings.....embracing my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment