In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm Thankful For

....the wonderful opportunity I have to be a woman and mother.
The human body amazes me. That a woman and man can create a life and the body can grow in the mother and that she can later sustain his life outside the womb. I just love it! Nursing has always been a wonderful bonding experience for me and my kids. Only I can provide that for them and only I can experience this bond. I wanted to capture my feelings on nursing and knowing that Eli was slowly weaning himself, I knew I had to get it soon. As it turns out, this picture is the very last time I nursed him and will probably ever nurse. I set up the shot and asked Sophie to stand on the couch and take a picture. It was intended to be for my own memory to look back on, but was amazed at how she captured the exact emotion for me so I had to share. I hope you recieve it the way it was meant. It has been difficult to move on from this stage in raising my children. I am having difficulty expressing it, but I look at the picture and it says it all. Him looking up at me as I hold his hand, the sweet tenderness of that connection. Words, in this case, cannot express, but a photo can.



1 comment:

  1. How tastefully risk-ay of you!!! Sophie did an amazing job at depicting exactly how you feel =) Perhaps she is due to inherit your talent ;D

    ReplyDelete