In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Monday, September 13, 2010

250 - Independence

This shot makes me think of my kids growing up. They are so independent and I love that. I want them to be eager to take on life's tasks and challenges and want to try to accomplish them on their own. I think that it will help them as they get older and become adults. The down side is that I don't get my baby's to be baby's for very long. All my kids choose to get up with an alarm, take there own shower, choose and dress themselves, and my 6 year old is into making her own school lunch herself. My 4 year old even prefers to shower. I wanted to capture the rare occasion she bathes and that's what sparked this contemplation. These are just a few things they request independence on. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to push them or do all these things for them all the time. But I just realize that they want to grow up too fast. I wish that children could savor childhood and enjoy the simplicity of it. They are too quick to want responsibility and the chores of adulthood. But I guess they would be less likely to grow up and be responsible if that weren't the case. I guess I will just have to savor their childhood for them. Watch them figure out life, reach milestones, and overcome challenges and savor those moments as they grow. I will cherish my cuddles and kisses,being mommy nurse to their bumps and bruises, and being the comforting shoulder they need to cry on for as long as I can; while I watch them become all that they hope to become and more.



Saw a similar shot on another website and was inspired and contemplative.

4 comments:

  1. She is very beautiful! What a sweet, touching post (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how that all works? I wish I would have enjoyed my childhood more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture by the way. Renee, you are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has a serene wildness to it. I love it! You have a way with words and a camera/computer.

    ReplyDelete