In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Monday, July 26, 2010

200 - Completed

I tackled this dresser a while ago, but was lacking the knobs to officially call it complete. I finally got them and viola. I was so unsure what to do with it. I wanted to do something really neat and different, but wanted it to fit with the rest of my decor. I ended up keeping it very similar to what it was but warmed it up a little to fit the warmth in my house. I thought about doing black and stain, but it didn't fit my house. I have a night stand I will tackle next and probably to it to match the dresser. I love refinishing furniture. I stress over what colors to choose, but always love enjoying the end result of my labors.
Total cost of project was probably around $140. I got the dresser for $50, knobs $60, supplies $30. A little more than I wanted because so many knobs, but not bad for a nice custom dresser.



Before
After

1 comment:

  1. It looks SO good Renee! Just another one of your great creative skills shinning through =)

    ReplyDelete