In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

280 - Eye of the Tiger

That is one of my son's favorite songs and you can see that determination in his eyes in this shot. I love that he loves old school music. This was his last flag football game and he did good. We are very critical of our children and always want them to push harder and succeed and I was impressed by how well he did this season and hope he wants to up it to pads next year. I think he would be awesome.
Sometimes I worry that he is the one we are the hardest on. I'm not sure how to make sure he gets the right encouragement, opportunities, and enjoyment in life. It is so difficult to know how to parent right. He is a great kid and I want him to be successful and happy, but he lacks a lot of the motivation to achieve that. I worry that I am too critical and then worry if I'm not he could miss the boat. I love him so incredibly much that I don't want to mess up. I feel it is tougher on the first one because they are the guinea pigs and you learn a little with each one and each of our children are so different. Some it's easier to know what to do and some it's not. I wish the answers to parenting came so much easier.
So I just exposed a very vulnerable layer....must be the hormones.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so funny! I loved watching him play! Hopefully there will be MANY more games to watch him at!

    ReplyDelete