In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

141 - I Love....

....painted piggies



Especially in summer when bare feet are a must, painted piggies dress up any foot. My girls have adopted this same love, more than I realized. On Sunday my oldest daughter was getting ready for church and she came in with her Easter dress and her sandals with tights. I told her that it would be a nice day and she didn't need the tights, she insisted. I then told her that it didn't look great, she still insisted. Running late and wanting to pass on this battle I told her to do what she wanted. I left the room and then heard her wailing. I went back in to see she had pulled off her tights and was sobbing on the floor. I asked her what was wrong and she said, " Mom it will look horrible because all the paint has chipped off my piggies." Noticing the time I then took her in the bathroom with her sandals on and threw some paint on her piggies. I may have created a monster, but at least she is a monster with cute, brightly painted piggies. I have also been complemented on my colorful toes on many interesting occasions. One was during my delivery of Sophie, the nurse felt inclined to send positive energy my way and told me she adored my toes which I can't take credit for painting as I couldn't bend over. The other was actually tonight at a meeting a counselor in the Stake Presidency noticed my toes poking out of my sandals. He thought that my Sapphire blue was quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment