In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

223 - Contemplating

This is carried over from my trip over the weekend because I wanted to include it.
I had gone to take some pictures of the canyon and walked back to put my camera away. My son was walking up to me and he wanted to go look where I had been. We walked back over near the canyon edge and sat and talked. I rarely take time to soak up life, to enjoy each millisecond. But for this brief moment, listening to my son's stories of the day and the goings on of his mind.....I relished it. The gentle moment shared between mother and son was imprinted on my brain. His sweet smile, his eager gaze at the moon, and his multitude of questions of the world was priceless. I had left my camera at the car, but wanted to capture this moment for my own reviewing, so I took a quick shot by the car. It doesn't do my feelings at the time justice, but I will look at this and know that my love for this sweet boy is as deep as the canyon we looked over.

No comments:

Post a Comment