In thinking about taking on the project I felt it would be exposing me more than I am used to. So just as an onion has many layers, so do each one of us (according to Shrek). It also ties in to photography as a tool I use in the editing process. By tackling this project I hope to grow personally as well as professionally during this next year. I will struggle with posting them each day, but will take the pictures and post them as soon as time allows. Enjoy the journey with me.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

74 - Hero?

This week is spirit week and the kids' school. Today is hero day (not including super hero's) and Leena came up with the idea to be me. I think she probably got it from someone in her class, not that she wouldn't have thought of it, but because I don't feel very heroish as of late and I think my mommy skills are being affected with some nearby kryptonite. Needless to say, I am still very flattered and it touches my wee little heart. So we threw out some ideas of how she wanted to dress up and she chose mommy the "photographer". She wore an outfit that she thought looked like something I have and found some glasses. I think she looks much cooler in hers than I do in mine. My husband suggested I pull out an old pair from when I was a kid and just pop the lenses out. I got glasses when I was 8 so they would probably fit, but I didn't want her to be made fun of and history day was yesterday. (I should scan in some old pics for fun and let everyone have a good laugh). She then did her hair with her bangs to the side like mine (hers hang all in front). I tried to convince her to take a throw away camera to school, but she didn't want to so I outfitted her with my plastic one with cautions of care. I suppose I may be doing something right when I feel as though I am doing all wrong. To have her want to be like me is the best compliment from my sweet girl....even if it is just for fun.
I thought it was fitting to catch my reflection in her glasses.


I will have some pictures of my boy tomorrow and what he chose.

2 comments:

  1. She looks just like you Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, if we had dress like a hero day at my work, I would dress like you too! Ah, so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete